Hello. My name is Liane Whiteley.
I am a person Centred Counsellor which means that I believe that by providing my clients with a confidential, safe and non judgmental environment we will be able to work together to overcome difficulties that are having negative affect on their lives .
Whether you are dealing with sadness after a bereavement, difficulties managing your anger, anxiety/ depression or life has simply become a struggle, then counselling may be able to help.
My counselling experience includes training with CRUSE Bereavement as a bereavement counsellor. I have also worked as a school counsellor for many years working with pupils with Social, Emotional, Behavioural Difficulties. This is also where I gained my expertise working with people living with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome. I have developed my private practice over the last 10 years which has allowed me to work with clients struggling with a wide range of emotional difficulties.
Emotional Difficulties I can help with include
- Anger management
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Relationship issues
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Work related stress
Training and Qualifications
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma – The Arts, Craft and Tasks of Supervision
- Affiliate 1:1 Counsellor with Relate Cornwall
- Foundation Child Protection Training
- Introductory Course in Family Therapy
- CRUSE Bereavement Care
- Professional training in the Use of therapeutic Mindfulness (British Institute of Mindfulness)
- Co-written and presented ‘Effective Communication with Young People’ Workshops for schools.
- Licensed Thrive Practitioner
I provide Supervision to Counsellors and people from various caring professions including School staff.
In line with BACP requirements, I am fully insured and attend regular Supervision to ensure that I am working safely and ethically.
If you are seeking counselling in Cornwall/Truro please feel free to contact me on :